


So...this evening, Chris, Courtney, Andrea, and I took a taxi up to the beautiful hillside city of Sirence. It was a gorgeous, little greek style town. Friendly people, little shops, great restaurants. We wandered through some shops for a while, then trekked our way to the highest point in the village that we could find to take some pics before the sunset. Then we journeyed back down the hills to the shops and did some more shopping. We found some great items! :) Finally, we made our way to a fantastic restaurant. I think tonight was the best meal I have had during the whole time in Turkey so far. I learned how to say "I'm a vegetarian" in Turkish the other day, and it has served me well!! The man in the restaurant was so happy to help me pick out vegetable dishes, and it was so great! Yay for being full. Good dinner, warm bread, apple tea. It was perfect.
Then, came time to make our way back to Selcuk. Only problem: no taxis in this little mountaintop town after dark, and all the buses back to the city had already left! So, the owner of the restaurant told us he would arrange a ride for us back to Selcuk. Little did we realize this was a personal friend of his!! :-0 We were pretty nervous, but arrived back at the Akay Hotel safe and sound. A little frazzled, but safe :) It's all about adventure, right?
But seriously. The best night in Turkey yet. New country. Beautiful town. Amazing view. Great shops. Excellent dinner with wonderful company. Life doesn't get much better than this...
Note: the pics in this blog are courtesy of Chris, our own professional photographer on this class trip! :) Thanks, Chris!!

No comments:
Post a Comment