So, today was really a full day in Ephesus (even though we were somewhat sleep deprived). We walked around and got a nice feel for the village of Selcuk, got to see the Crisler Library at Ephesus, and got to see the Artemis Temple ruins a little more (but we will be seeing the ruins from atop a mountain in the next day or so, which will provide a much better view of the scarce remains).
Above are pictures of our hotel. It's like many little villas, inside a larger gated villa. Very mediterranean :)
Tomorrow morning, we will hear a lecture from James Walters, the prof. And then we go on a walking tour of Ephesus! (If it's not raining too hard...though I am fully prepared for it, thanks to my Boston raingear.) I am hoping to wake up early enough to go to the open air market in the morning with some of the other students. We've heard the market is very exciting :)
Will try to post again tomorrow...
Love,
Krista

Looks nice---cozy! I am sure it will take a couple of days to get your internal clock working on local time. I was reading abou the Artemis Temple on the internet---sounds very interesting. Take lots of pictures!
ReplyDeleteGet a good nights sleep--talk to you again soon!
Love YOU!!!!
Dad
i'm so jealous! susan and i treated ourselves to lunch at india quality, but that doesn't quite compete with the Artemis Temple.
ReplyDelete